Thursday, August 24, 2006

I was having lunch with a friend a few weeks ago, and she was telling me about her relatively newly-found interest in her Catholic congregation. She mentioned that in her Bible study class, she was currently reading Samuel and Kings.

This reminded me of my favorite passages from Kings, and one of my favorite verses in all the Bible; it's not very spiritual, but I've always liked it.

Judges chapter 20, verses 15 & 16

15 The children of Benjamin were numbered on that day out of the cities twenty-six thousand men who drew the sword, besides the inhabitants of Gibeah, who were numbered seven hundred chosen men.

16 Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men left-handed; everyone could sling stones at a hair-breadth, and not miss.


Even back then, there were immense benefits to filling your roster with lefites!

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Ian McGibboney said...

Left-handed people rock the house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home