Saturday, July 29, 2006

WARNING: THERE IS LANGUAGE IN THIS POST SOME MAY FIND OFFENSIVE.

Onto doing what I love most: trashing Ann Coulter!

Recently, she expressed an opinion (as is her right) that President Clinton displayed behavior that could be interpreted as "latent homosexuality."

Wait, it gets better. When on "Hardball," and asked to explain her comments, this is what she said:

"I don’t know if he’s gay. But Al Gore — total fag."

Let us disect.

Ann, if you want to express your opinion on someone's sexuality, go nuts. I almost am willing to concede it was said tongue in cheek. It's a free country, blah blah blah. Here is where I have a problem:

"Fag" is short for "faggot." "Faggot" is a derogatory term for a gay person. It is insulting and often venomous. If anyone else who appears in the press or TV as often as she does called a black person a "nigger" or a jewish person a "kike"- on the air, no less- their career would be over. To say nothing of the fact that there is no proof that Al Gore is gay.

Ann also seems to think it is ok to use sexuality and sexual preference to insult someone. In our society, unfortunately, calling someone a "faggot" or something "gay" is often used as a general insult. I see it all the the time. Whereas people (especially men) used to say "You idiot!" or "You asshole!" or even "You fuckin' asshole!", now the preffered insult is "You faggot!"

I leave you with a quote from the great sage Lisa Simpson. I believe it is Ann Coulter's mantre:

"You can never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator..."

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

I have always loved Ann Coulter's humor and ability to have a great come back to any comment made to her but I do think she has let her ego take over and now she thinks there is no line she wont cross.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are non-derogatory terms for faggot? Like there are non-derogatory terms for child molester? I’m sorry, but homosexuality is a perversion. You’re screwed up; you’re not what you were supposed to be. You're a Quality Control problem, you should have been tossed in the dumpster. Let’s make a deal: I promise not to burn you at the stake (like the Spanish in centuries past) or beat you to death in alleyways (like fine young heterosexual males do to this day) and you promise to shut up. You’re disgusting. I’m sorry for you, but shut the hell up. And no, I’m not afraid of you, so take that word “homophobic” and shove it up your… but you’d enjoy that, wouldn’t you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home