"I've listened carefully to the president's speech [to a joint session of Congress and the nation]. I think it is the boldest effort we've seen to create a European socialist model," - Newt Gingrich
First of all, Newt (may I call you Newt?) There are no countries in Europe that are socialist. Almost all are democracies. Social democracies, yes. Some controlled by social democrats, yes. But they are not socialist.
Second, I'd like to know why so many conservatives are hostile towards European models. They produce some pretty solid results:
Percent of population living with HIV:
United States- .6%
Rate of Inflation
United States- 4.2%
Number of citizens without health insurance:
Germany - Zero
Denmark - Zero
United States- 40 million plus
Amongst European nations, only Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, and Moldova have higher homicide rates than the U.S. The U.S. has more rapes per capita than any European nation.
I'm not moving there anytime soon, but what is so wrong with Europe, Newt?
Sunday, March 01, 2009
A lefty from the left!
- Name: The leftist southpaw
- Location: alexandria, virginia, United States
- Message to the Democrats: In case you've been asl...
- Overeager fans and writers are already calling Sup...
- Allow me to express myself via the ancient Japanes...
- From an interview on ABC news BUSH: One of the ma...
- A "Don't blame me, I voted for McCain" T shirt was...
- Let's do something different this time. Anyone ca...
- Rep. Michele Bachmann’s call for a media investiga...
- May I have your attention please: The next Presid...
- A message to all politicians: Don't you dare- eve...
- I've been hearing a lot of crap lately- mostly fro...