Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist.

Friday, Feb. 10- The AP reports " A former top aide to Vice President Dick Cheney told a federal grand jury that his superiors authorized him to give secret information to reporters as part of the Bush administration's defense of intelligence used to justify invading Iraq, according to court papers.

Special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald said in documents filed last month that he plans to introduce evidence that I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Cheney's former chief of staff, disclosed to reporters the contents of a classified National Intelligence Estimate in the summer of 2003."

Saturday, Feb 11- Dick Cheney shoots another man in a hunting accident. Another man standing 30 yards away. In the chest. While aiming at birds, who usually spend their time above chest-level. For the last 4 days, that's all anyone in the national media has talked about.

Like I said, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Just pointing out some facts (tongue-in-cheek, I might add)

I'm sure it was just a coincidence. At least, 99% sure.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

So I take it you will pull down your post about Coulter commiting a crime with her comments now right?

Wait...you aren't...why not...didn't she do the exact same thing you just did...make a comment that she didn't mean and immediately say it was a joke...maybe should have said it "tongue-in-cheek" and then you would have given her a pass?

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger The leftist southpaw said...

Cajun, I am not personally threatening anybody, or wishing death on anybody. I am expressing my opinion on events that have already transpired. My comments do not encourage, promote, or endorse an act of violence on another person as Ms. Coulter's did. Ms. Coulter was talking about future events that COULD happen- my comments are limited to events that DID happen.

Our mutual acquaintence Mr. Langer would probably accuse me of playing "linguistic gymnastics," but to me it's clear.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Cajun Tiger said...

You are accusing the VP of purposefully shooting someone to distract attention from the Libby case. At the very least that would be libel. I'm sure you can find a way to spin it differently being you are a lawyer, but my point was to say you deflected the seriousness of your previous statement by immediately saying you were joking which is exactly what Coulter did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home